2013 STAFF ASSEMBLY EXCELLENCE IN LEADERSHIP AWARD
UCI Staff Assembly is pleased to again announce the Staff Assembly Excellence in Leadership Award program recipeints and nominees during the awards program from 9 to 10:30 a.m. on June 20. Please come out and honor select staff supervisors who, through outstanding leadership, enhance staff morale, build an enriching work environment, and serve as a mentor or otherwise support the career development of their staff, all to the benefit of our UCI community.
Guidelines for eligibility as well as nomination and award procedures are provided below.
- Only those supervisors with staff appointments are eligible; academics or students holding staff titles are not eligible.
- Supervisors may be nominated every year, but may only receive an award every three years (unless supervisor moves to a different job/department).
- Any person may nominate an individual supervisor, however if more than one person nominates an individual, they will be asked to work with other nominators to combine their nominations into one document with one contact name.
- Nominations closed on April 5, 2013.
- Nomination packets must include a completed nomination form, a strong nomination statement, and a copy of the current organizational chart of the supervisor's department (names, titles and percent FTE of direct reports to the supervisor must be listed).
- At least 50 percent of the supervisor's direct reports must indicate their agreement with the nomination.
- Incomplete nomination packets will not be considered.
A strong nomination statement will:
- clearly outline the nominee’s contribution to the unit/department/school
- include relevant examples/scenarios of the impact the nominee has on enhancing morale, building an enriching environment, serving as a mentor and supporting career development
- clearly identify the nominee’s leadership role
To view sample nomination statements click here.
Selection of Awardees
- The Staff Assembly council will convene a nomination review committee that will select awardees based on the merits outlined in the nominating narrative document.
- Criteria for selection are:
- Enhances staff morale
- Builds an enriching work environment
- Serves as a mentor or supports career development
- Benefits the unit and the individual employees through their outstanding leadership
- Nominees and their nomination contact person were notified by May 3, 2013.
- Those nominated will receive a letter from Staff Assembly and the executive vice chancellor and provost congratulating them on their nomination and inviting them to attend the Staff Service awards, where the announcement of these awardees will be made.
- $1000 cash prize
- A distinctive, personalized memento
To print nomination form click here.
Questions may be directed to Staff Assembly Vice Chair, Jason Valdry, <firstname.lastname@example.org>.